Highlights of the Department:
- Well-equipped laboratory with i3 and i5 computer configuration.
- Departmental Library
- Access to e-resources through the Moodle LMS.
- IIT Spoken Tutorial courses for the students.
- Computer Awareness course for B.Sc. –Ist year students.
- Students’ Projects
- Live Projects
- Laboratory with ICT facility having Internet facility of 100 Mbps speed.
|Name of Programmes / Courses offered||Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.)|
|Year of Establishment||1988|
|S N||NAME OF FACULTIES AND QUALIFICATION||DESIGNATION||PHOTO||CONTACT||MAIL ID||SPECIALIZATION/ RESEARCH AREA|
|1||Dr. P. A. Saudagar M.Sc., PGDCS, MCA, NET, Ph.D.|
Assistant Professor and Coordinator
|2||Mr. S. A. Durge M.Sc.(Comp.Sci), MCA,NET,SET (Pursuing Ph. D.)|| |
| || |
Computer Programming, Machine Learning
|3||Mr. M. M. Wasu M.Sc.(Comp.Sci), MCA, NET, SET (Pursuing Ph. D.)|| |
Ethical Hacking, IoT and WSN
|4||Dr. Ms. S. T. Raut M.Sc.(Comp.Sci), Ph.D|| |
Computer Programming, HCI
|SN||NAME OF SUPPORTING STAFF||QUALIFICATION||DESIGNATION|
|1||Mrs. S. A. Kulkarni||B.Sc., B. Ed.||Lab Attendant|
|2||Mr. A. S. Sayyed||SSC||Peon|
Highlights of the Syllabus under Academic Autonomy:
There are two main objectives to the B.Sc. Computer Science Programme.
- The primary goal of the degree program in Computer Science is to provide students the foundations for the future work and careers in computation-based courses. These foundations support both a successful career path in computing as well as provide appropriate qualifications for further degree work in computation related disciplines. Our degree emphasizes development of analytical skills, acquisition of knowledge and understanding of systems, languages and tools required for effective computation-based problem solving.
- A Computer Science major will provide you with knowledge of programming, operating systems, compiler design and principles of programming language. These skills will prepare graduates to enter technological fields such as systems programming, technical support, research and teaching.
On completion of the B.Sc. Computer Science Programme, the students:
- Will have sound knowledge of the Programming languages such as C, C++, Java, VB and SQL. Also they will have knowledge about Information Technology, Operating System, System Analysis and Design and Development.
- Can participate in off-campus internships, independent study projects, part-time computer employment, lectures by guest speakers, Society of Computing Students programming and on campus employment as lab assistants, lab supervisors and Helpdesk assistants.
- Be in a position to develop industrial and entrepreneur applications.
|SN.||Configuration / Description||Quantity|
|1||M.S. Windows XP Professional English UPG OLP, NLAE -66300792||13|
|2||Media CD for XP||01|
|3||MS Visual Studio Pro 2005 English OLP NLAE CJE 00130||12|
|4||Media CD for XP Studio||01|
|5||MS Office XP Plus 2007 English OLP NLAE||01|
|6||Media CD for Office XP||01|
|7||Borland C++ Turbo||15|
|8||Oracle 10g Database Client Server||12|
|9||Oracle 10g Media Kit||01|
|10||Windows 7 OS||06|
|11||Windows 8 OS||01|
|12||Windows 10 OS||12|
|1||Desktop Computers||HP||13||Processor- Intel(R) Core (TM) i3 RAM-2GB HDD-1TB OS-Windows10(64bit) Monitor-21”(Color)LED Keyboard Mouse-optical|
|2||Desktop Computers||Dell||6||Processor- Intel(R) Core (TM) i5 RAM-4GB HDD-1TB OS-Windows10(64bit) Monitor-18”(Color)LED Keyboard Mouse-optical|
|3||Desktop Computers||Zebronics||1||Processor- Intel(R) Core (TM) i5 RAM-2GB HDD-500GB OS-Windows7(32bit) Monitor-18”(Color)LED Keyboard Mouse-optical|
|4||Laser Printer||XEROX||1||Phaser 3117|
|5||Laser Printer||HP||1||LaserJet 1007|
|6||Laser Printer||HP||1||HP LaserJet Pro MFP/M126A|
|7||Dot Matrix Printer||EPSON||2||LX-300 and LX-310|
|9||Stabilizer||Krycard||1||Servo Single Phase 50Hz 5KVA|
|10||UPS||Slender Plus||2||CTA 098, 500VA|
Instrumentation Facility at ICT Center:
|1.||Computers||HP||15||Intel Core i-3, 2GB RAM, Windows 8|
|2.||Computers||DELL||10||Intel Core i-3, 4GB RAM, Windows 10|
|3.||Computers||HP||10||Intel Core i-3, 2GB RAM, Windows 10|
|4.||Computers||HP||02||Intel Pentium, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7|
|5.||Computers||DELL||02||Intel Pentium, 2 GB RAM, Windows 8|
|6.||Computers||HCL||02||Intel, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP|
|7.||Computers||HCL||04||Intel Dual Core, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP|
|8.||Printer||EPSON||01||LX- 300 Dot Matrix|
Seminar by students
Active participation of students in various sport activities at University level and All India Inter University level tournaments
Recent Achievement of Students:
|SN.||Name of the Student||Year of Passing||Name of the employer organization||Position|
|1.||Leha Sorambe||2021 – 22||TCS Wipro Capgemini *Joined TCS||System Analyst|
|2.||Alok Mishra||2020 – 21||Infosys||Operation Executive|
|3.||Pratik Dhurve||2020 – 21||Wipro||Scholar Trainee|
|4.||Purva Marvadkar||2020 – 21||TCS||Software Developer|
|5.||Sourav Sarkar||2019 – 20||SBI||Junior Associate|
|6.||Radha Vinchurkar||2019 – 20||TCS||Assistant System Engineer|
|7.||Jayakumar Sahu||2019 – 20||TCS||Information Processing Specialist|
|8.||Sakshi Mendhe||2018 – 19||TCS||Trainee|
|9.||Ashwini Paradkar||2018 – 19||TCS||Trainee|
Other Academic Achievements:
- One student won third prize in State level PowerPoint Presentation competition organized by G.S. College of Commerce, Wardha (2018-19).
- One student won first prize in ELECTRO-QUEST 2018 intercollegiate quiz competition.
Add-on / Skill Based Certificate Courses Offered:
- Computer Awareness Course for all the B.Sc. – I Year students of the college.
- Skill based courses offered by IIT Bombay Spoken Tutorial initiative.
Guest lecture on Cyber Awareness on the occasion of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
A Webinar on Cyber Crime Awareness and Safe Use of Computer, Laptop, Smartphone, Internet, Wi-Fi, and Hotspot celebrating Cyber Awareness Month
Guest lecture on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) by Shri. Shivaji Patil
Tree Plantation Drive